From: Zeljko Vrba (zvrba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-13 11:58:03

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 05:46:25PM +0200, Ion Gaztañaga wrote:

> I've installed Solaris Express Developer in a virtual machine and I'm
> able to compile all perfectly with GCC + Sun linker. However the Sun
> compiler (SunStudio 11, with 5.8 compiler version) does not compile the
> latest Intrusive CVS saying that std::iterator_traits is not in std
> namespace. I've just put SunCC in the low-priority queue, because I
> can't spend more time investigating this issue. I might be configuring
> something wrong, though.

Ah, you need to tell it to use stlport. My set of C++ compiler flags is
as follows:

+w -g -xdebugformat=stabs -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -library=stlport4

(SunCC 5.9 switched to generate DWARF debug information by default, but
it generates it wrongly.. or dbx interprets it wrongly; it manifests in
that dbx is not able to find source files in certain cases.. The issue
is fixed by reverting to STABS format.)

(I need _XOPEN_SOURCE for extended POSIX functionality; you can probably
leave it out).

Best regards,
  Zeljko.