From: K. Noel Belcourt (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-21 12:11:59

On Jun 21, 2007, at 5:50 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> Unfortunately, I can't get it to build with gcc.

Let's back up a second. You only need to build process_jam_log if
you're planning on running the Boost regression tests. If you're not
going to run the regression tests, then I suggest you not waste your
time trying to build it. If you're going to run tests, then you
should post your questions to the boost-testing mailing list.

> Bjam insists on trying to use linker options that aren't valid.

It would help if you could send (1) the bjam command line and (2)
send the link line and error message.

> I haven't determined if it is expecting the GNU linker and I've got
> GCC configured for the Sun linker,
> or the other way around. What are you using?

gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6/specs
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --with-ld=/
usr/ccs/bin/ld --enable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++,f77
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.6

And please don't top post when you reply, it makes it very hard to
follow the discussion.

-- Noel