From: Benson Margulies (bim2007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-21 12:17:46

> On Jun 21, 2007, at 5:50 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, I can't get it to build with gcc.
>
> Let's back up a second. You only need to build process_jam_log if
> you're planning on running the Boost regression tests. If you're not
> going to run the regression tests, then I suggest you not waste your
> time trying to build it. If you're going to run tests, then you
> should post your questions to the boost-testing mailing list.

[BIM] I thought that I could contribute to the resolution of my overall
problem by joining the regressing platoon. I will happily take my
specific issues with that process to the testing list.

> > Bjam insists on trying to use linker options that aren't valid.
>
> It would help if you could send (1) the bjam command line and (2)
> send the link line and error message.

[BIM] I will now go get some more clarity on the bjam boostrap issue
with gcc. The 'sun' versus 'sunpro' issue, however, seems to be purely a
defect in the configure script.