From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-22 11:43:28

On 20/06/07, Nicholas Yue <yue.nicholas_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I am considering using boost::graph to represent a DAG of 3D
> graphics primitive hierarchy, much like a scenegraph in games with the
> exception that no drawing code is embedded with this structure. The
> DAG is important in that I will be injecting changes to certain nodes
> which than affects/updates all it's child nodes.

Have you considered some of the open source scenegraphs?

http://www.openscenegraph.com/ just had a big release, though it's
fairly tightly tied to OpenGL, so it might not be exactly what you
need. It may be usable without the rendering component, however.
IIRC, it has intersection visirtors and such that are independant of
OpenGL, so the strustures you need might be there already.

~ Scott McMurray