From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-22 12:12:19

Ovanes,

> I have a question to you. I got a header file with an error.
> The content of a file looks like:
>
> #ifndef SOME_GUARD
> #define SOME_GUARD
>

> ... some content
>

> #endif SOME_GUARD
>

> As you see #endif SOME_GUARD is wrong, standard defines that
> #endif is followed by a newline.
> Unfortunately wave threw an exception. Calling what member on
> the std::exception instance caught resulted in the string:
>
> boost::wave::preprocess_exception
>
> I spent some time to search where that happened and which
> line was guilty. Is there any way for you to write the file
> and line which caused the error?
>
> I assume smth bad happens inside the wave lib, since I even
> can not compare curren and end iterator tokens.

Hmmmm, I simply feeded the following snippet to the wave applet

    #ifndef SOME_GUARD
    #define SOME_GUARD

    //... some content

    #endif SOME_GUARD

and got:

>wave t.cpp
t.cpp:8:1: error: ill formed preprocessor directive: #endif SOME_GUARD
t.cpp:9:1: error: detected at least one missing #endif directive

So the bottomline is: it works for me(tm) :-P

What version of Wave are you using, what platform/compiler? Do you have a
small test reproducing your problem?

Regards Hartmut