From: gyrotech_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-07-12 10:53:58

I've been looking over the boost documentation, but I can find
anything to help me create an iostream for a socket. Can anyone point
me in the direction of a tutorial or such that could help?? I found
some references to asio, which was merged with boost in 2005, but the
iostreams documentation was last updated in 2004.

Also, is it possible\easy to add one of the compressing streams
(basic_zlib_compressor for example) to an output socket stream so all
the data sent over that TCP connection is compressed??

And on top of all of this, how would I go about making a stream that,
if it had a socket connection, would stream data over that, otherwise
to a file, both with the aforementioned compression?

Thanks in advance,

GyroTech