From: chun ping wang (cablepuff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-12 12:19:02

You need to configure the environment if you can't run build.bat because gcc
can't be found.
So in user-config.jam set the path of gcc by
using gcc : : "$PATH_TO_GCC/gcc" ;

I reread your question again.

So step 2.
get 1.34.0 it has lot better fixes for filesystem.
do bjam --toolset=gcc (optional: -sPYTON_VERSION=..." -sHAVE_ICU=..." )
install

it should install in C:/boost on windows. (copyng files and everything..)

after its done go to C:/boost/lib (you will find a bunch of static library
build). ...thats where the files resides...

add -L"${INSTALL_BOOST_DIR}/lib" to your library path that should fix it.