From: Steven Mackenzie (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-14 17:17:41

I've just built and installed the boost 1.34 libraries from source on a
Centos 4.4 Linux intsall, along side the default 1.32 Boost version that
comes with RedHat/CentOS 4.

The boost libraries have been installed in /usr/local/lib, but have very
long and specific names, like libboost_program_options-gcc34-mt-1_34.so,
and so to link against them I have to specify, for example,
boost_program_options-gcc34-mt-1_34 instead of boost_program_options.

Is there any quick change that I can make to create the extra symlinks,
or are the long names deliberate and sensible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Steven