From: Chris Uzdavinis (cuzdav_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-07 22:41:15

On 8/7/07, Jaime Rios <xdev74_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> After spending many hours trying to find out what the cause of the problem
> is, the only thing I could derive was that the address that Boost was using
> to access my function was wrong. Before the error, I have the following
> address to my function:

I'm not sure if this helps, but in a different context unrelated to
Boost, we ran into a case where addresses seemed to randomly change.
After hours and hours of debugging, we decided it was the compiler
generating code strangely. In the end, we discovered that the build
options for the shared library differed from the main executable in
such a way as to affect the binary object layout. When an object was
passed across the boundary (from the executable to a library
function), addresses "shifted" since functions in the library did
different offset calculations to find members, etc. Perhaps you could
review your build options to ensure it's not something along those
lines. Fixing our makefile and recompiling solved the bug for us.
(It has been years now, but it's the kind of bug I will never forget.)

Chris