From: Roman Perepelitsa (roman.perepelitsa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-10 07:34:24

Stefano Peluchetti <pelux <at> ngi.it> writes:
> Very interesting information, thank you.
> Is there any documentation about these details ?
> I couldn't find anything like that in the boost lambda library documentation.
>
> I noticed that boost::bind code usually compiles faster too. But I'm working
an
> a numerical simulation library and I have to compose functions together a
lot of
> times. That's where lambda is very handy.
>
> Also I can't still understand *why* only the boost::bind binder works in the
> three examples you gave. What is the technical reason behind these results?
Is
> it really necessary to study the whole boost::lambda library from source
code to
> figure it out?
>
> Best Regards

AFAIK, there are no reasons for not supporting this stuff in lambda
bind, except one -- it requires time for implementation.

Some day we'll have both of two worlds -- phoenix 2. It should unite
boost bind, boost lambda and phoenix. I believe no one is seriously
interested in improving boost lambda at the moment because this code
gonna become obsolete soon.

Roman Perepelitsa.