From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-17 11:39:08

Christian Bähnisch <christian-baehnisch <at> gmx.de> writes:
> > There is a to-do item (no. 2) for this:
> >
> > <http://www.boost.org/libs/statechart/doc/future_and_history.html#ToDoList>
> >
> > Please let me know whether that would cover what you need.
>
> This is exactly what I want! I would make heavy use of this feature but know
> after reading your comment on this point I'm not sure if this is a good idea
> and if I should do a redesign.

My comment is based on personal experience and on the fact that any use of that
feature wrecks type safety.

Now, FSMs are employed in such varied fields that I've become rather cautious
in providing general design advice. I'd therefore be grateful if you could
provide me with examples of situations where you would need the feature.

Thanks,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.