From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-28 05:29:09

Anjaly wrote:
>> Hai,
>> Thank you for your response. I have catched the exception.Now the
>> program does not crash but the searching is incomplete. Even if the
>> file is of encoding type utf16 ,the exception occurs(I have used a
>> message box to show reason of exception). Is the problem due to
>> reading the file and storing in char array or due to making the
>> regex expression. I have attached the file in which i am searching.
>> Hope you can help me.

The first byte in the file is 0xFF which is not a valid UTF8 character,
likewise the second byte is 0xFE which is also not used in UTF8: so there's
no way to decode the file and convert to UTF32.

However, if I start reading from the third byte in the file, then the search
does go through to the end: I can't guarentee that the content was correct
though !

John.