From: JD (jean.daniel.michaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-02 01:42:33

>> I assume you have mapped_file.cpp in your project already (otherwise I
>> don't think you could link).
>>

> Well no, I'm under windows (XP) compiling with msvc-8.0 so there is
> automatic linking activated. I do not compile mapped_file.cpp with my
> source code.
>
>> Upon quick inspection, your example seems to mimic some of the test code
>> almost identically (i.e. in mapped_file_test.cpp), so I think it should
>> work...
>>
>> What happens when you try to run the unit tests in the
>> boost_1_34_1\libs\iostreams\test subdirectory of the source tarball?
>>
>> Do they pass?
>
> Yes, they do. (?)
> All tests are passed...
> And yes, the code mimic the example as I iteratively converge my code to
> it because I was not understanding what I was doing wrong.
>
> I don't get it.

Nobody?
I have played around with the example, and when I force the filename
used to open the mapped_file to something like "toto", the example
fails! Like if the example would only work on the particular filename
used in it. But the filename of the example does not work in my code. I
really don't understand what's going on here, can someone help?

Subsidiary question: Who is maintaining this library?

Thanks for your help.

JD