From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-02 04:17:59

Hi Raja

> It seems the current
> implementation of statechart library does not have timed
> event.

Correct.

> It is possible
> to extend or specialize the current event<> class to achieve
> this ?

You'd probably also need a special type of state, see link below.

> Has anyone
> done this yet ?

Chris seems to have implemented a platform-specific solution (see link below),
I'm not aware of a general solution.

> Looks like a common
> requirement for this type of event.

You mean that many people would need such an event? I agree.

> Any reason why it is
> not part of this library offering ?

For a rationale, please see at the bottom of the following message:

<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/29563>

> Is it expected that users of this library do
> it themselves ?

Yes, unfortunately. At least with the current version.

Regards,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.