From: Marty Fried (public.forums_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-19 15:17:05

Back on Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:22:17 -0400, in gmane.comp.lib.boost.user,Beman
Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Marty Fried wrote:
>> I seems to me that something strange is going on; I'm not able to even
>> compile the filesystem library without errors. It seems like the regression
>> tests succeeded with the compile and link, if I'm reading it correctly.
>> Could it be that the test is done with an older version of xlC, that may not
>> have checked for this condidtion? We are using version 8; version 9
>> recently came out.

>Another aspect is that our tests are running on the code as it currently
>stands, not on the 1.34.1 code.

>If the code isn't standard compliant, I'd like to fix it. But it looks
>like version 9 of vacpp is accepting it, or possible the code has
>changed enough that the problem no longer exists.

I really don't think the code has changed in a way to fix this
problem, although I haven't been able to build the trunk version.
It came down as CR/LF line endings for my windows box, but there
is only the shell script, not the batch file, for building, and
the shell scripts don't work with CR/LF. So, I need to translate
to LF only to be able to build.

>If you get some sample code that you think exactly reproduces the
>problem, and Comeau reports an error, please send it to me.

I can do that; I think my coworker originally did have a more
exact sample, but took out the outer level of indirection to
make it simpler. I'll see about putting it back, and renaming
the functions to the same names as the filesystem uses, rather
than foo, etc. :)

By the way, are my messages formatted OK? I'm using a
newsreader instead of email, and I'm seeing a lot of garbage
sometimes - I'm not sure if it's my posts, other posts, or
my reader. I could attach the sample code rather than just
pasting it in the message if it's not clear (assuming that
attachments are acceptable).

--
Marty Fried
Senior software engineer