From: Tim St. Clair (timothysc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 10:11:49

I've encountered the same issue(s) in the past where signals will be
raised when the data serialized is nothing close to what is expected.

I have been able to deal with it is by doing one, or all, of the following:

     Derive all types which are "Serializable" from common base, then
always try to unserialize to<->from that base. From there,
switch/vector on the derived type, either through RTTI or some other
mechanism.
     I would also recommend overloading the sig_hdlr, so you can
gracefully shutdown in case something runs-a-muck.

Hope this helps,
-Tim