From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 12:29:43

binary archives are implemented to be as fast as possible.
There isn't any checking which would impact erformance.

One thing that I've found useful is to check the serialization
using xml archives. Since these have "end" tags, mis-matched
saved/load functions can be detected. This is much harder
in other archives.

Robert Ramey

"Christoph" <christoph.duelli_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
I am experimenting with Boost.Serialization.
I tried to de-serialize a (binary) file written for a *different* class.
Obviously, this can not work.

However, there is not thrown an exception.
Question: (How) can I determine that the reading failed?
(In case of corrupted or non-matching archives.)

(I have attached a small demo.)

Best regards
Christoph