From: Pfligersdorffer, Christian (Christian.Pfligersdorffer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-12 08:24:12

Dear all,

I am proud to announce the very first release of our
portable_binary_[io]archive which we use here at EOS to move data
between different platforms. It really is a conglomerate of pieces that
already were there - as is most often the case in oo world - we simply
put them together in a way that seemed to make sense. I know a lot of
people were interested in portable binary archives, so here you are -
give it a try and let me know what you think about it!

We rely heavily on boost::serialization and really appreciate the amount
of time and knowledge that flew into it. By publishing this small
missing piece we hope to contribute our mite to this great library.

The work extends the portable binary example which was done by Robert
Ramey and uses Beman Dawes' endian library plus the fp_utilities by
Johan Rade. You will need to get those two libraries in order to use our
classes - look for them at the boost vault
(http://www.boost-consulting.com/vault/) in categories 'integer' and
'math - numerics'. Finally you will find the portable binary archive in
category 'serialization' as well.

Regards,
Christian Pfligersdorffer

--