From: swapna (swapna0282_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-12 08:57:41

How to include all options as mandatory ones.
ex: test.exe -a "address" -b "BW"
Both -a and -b should be specified.It is manadatory
How to make it mandatory using program_options in boost.

Benoit Sigoure <tsuna_at_[hidden]> wrote: On Nov 12, 2007, at 6:56 AM, brad wrote:
> Benoit Sigoure wrote:
>> Hello Brad,
>>
>> On Nov 10, 2007, at 1:10 AM, Brad wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to make a package called visual python, but I keep
>>> getting
>>> this error. I am using fedora 8 and have
>>>
>>> Linking cvisualmodule.la ...
>>> make[1]: *** [cvisualmodule.la] Error 1
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/brad/Download/visual-4.beta16/src'
>>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>>
>>> The key reason I get this error is this line right here...
>>> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread
>>>
>>> I looked online saw that I could try --LDFLAGS-L[path], where
>>> path is
>>> the path to libboost_thread.so and libboost_thread.a. Those
>>> files don't
>>> exist on my computer and I have boost-1.34.1-5.fc8 and
>>> boost-devel-1.34.1-5.fc8. I did however find
>>> /usr/lib/libboost_thread-mt.so,
>>> /usr/lib/libboost_thread-mt.so.1.34.1, and /usr/lib/
>>> libboost_thread-mt.so.3.
>>
>> As far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong) boost_threads
>> always comes in a `-mt' flavor (I think it's obvious why) so you
>> must use -lboost_thread-mt instead.
>
> I did not make the config file for this but I need to install it.
> Is there some kind of argument I can pass during configure to fix
> this?

I don't understand what you mean, which configure are you talking
about? The configure of Boost itself or that of the project you're
trying build? For Boost, just do a standard install, but since you
already have the file /usr/lib/libboost_thread-mt.so, you don't need
to worry about that. For the project you're trying to build, if it
uses the autotools (that is, its configure script has been generated
by autoconf) use ./configure LIBS=-lboost_thread-mt
Otherwise, if none of this works, you'll just have to hack the build
system of that project so that it uses -lboost_thread-mt where needed.

--
Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory