From: Ravi Chemudugunta (chemuduguntar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-13 03:27:24

ok, this is going to sound like a lame excuse :|

Tried to compile juce on my ubuntu setup ... failed - complaining
about some alsa headers. However looking at the source, it looks like
the class is able to share a buffer [insert pattern name here] (i.e.
when the class is copied, the reference to the buffer is the same -
its not a deep copy) ... you would need to be careful here not to de
serialize into a class with refcount that is more than one;

on initial inspection text->text seems to me like where the actual
text is stored, so you could possibly use this for serializing, and I
would suggest using the operator= function when de-serializing as it
seems to encapsulate the functionality of maintaining unique
references etc.

was hoping to post a snippet for you but unfortunately it won't
compile and I couldn't find the ?build-deps for juce?

-ravi