From: Robert Bielik (robert.bielik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-13 04:11:43

> ok, this is going to sound like a lame excuse :|
>
> Tried to compile juce on my ubuntu setup ... failed - complaining
> about some alsa headers.

You can config juce (juce_config.h) not to use ALSA. Maybe that'll make it
go further...

> However looking at the source, it looks like
> the class is able to share a buffer [insert pattern name here] (i.e.
> when the class is copied, the reference to the buffer is the same -
> its not a deep copy) ... you would need to be careful here not to de
> serialize into a class with refcount that is more than one;
>
> on initial inspection text->text seems to me like where the actual
> text is stored, so you could possibly use this for serializing, and I
> would suggest using the operator= function when de-serializing as it
> seems to encapsulate the functionality of maintaining unique
> references etc.

Yes, would probably need to. Anyway I did a first attempt at making a wrapper
for String that exposes the methods as needed by the deprecated implementation
of boost/serialization/string.hpp (in the #if 0 clause), but I got a vector
with items instead of a plain string in the output (using the xml oarchive)
which is not what I wanted... :(