From: Maik Beckmann (maikbeckmann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-19 12:05:13

Am Montag 19 November 2007 08:34:46 schrieb Chris Miller:
> I've got to make Boost work on Microsoft Windows XP SP2, using the MinGW
> libraries that came with EasyEclipse C/C++.

> If some kind person could help this tired programmer, I'd really
> appreciate it!

Hello Chris,

Can you compile an application at command line?
If the answer is ...

...yes, download the bjam binary from http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/
unpack it, copy bjam.exe into the boost directory and do at command line
$ cd path\to\boost
$ bjam -d+2 variant=release --toolset=gcc stage
This builds ALL non header only boost libs. This will take some time. If you
just want to build certain libs you can do this by using --with-LIBNAME, i.e.
$ bjam -d+2 \
variant=release --toolset=gcc --with-filesystem --with-program_options stage

...no, you have to add the bin folder of mingw (I assume somewhere at the
EasyEclipse folder) to your PATH environment variable. Please use a web
search engine to find out how to do this.
Don't try building boost if you cannot build a simple app from command line!

A more advanced solution, if you know what a CDT Makefiles project is:
Create a new Makefile project (i.e. named boost) and import the content of a
freshly unpacked boost(-1.34.1) into this project. Create a Makefile like I
posted here:
  - http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/31563
Change the build command from make to mingw32-make at the project preferences!
Now just hit BUILD to build boost.
This enables the CDT, if you configured your other projects at the same
workspace to use this boost folder, to visualize errors which involve boost
headers. By clicking on an error you will jump into the boost tree.

Regards,
  Maik Beckmann