From: Chris Miller (lordsauronthegreat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-19 02:34:46

I know this is rather menial to be asking for assistance on, but I'm
stuck and don't want to proceed and make a mistake. I'm rather sick of
messing up with simple library setup things, and want to get down and
dirty with some code soon! So if you could be so kind as to help me
understand what to do I'd really appreciate it.

I've got to make Boost work on Microsoft Windows XP SP2, using the MinGW
libraries that came with EasyEclipse C/C++. However, the getting
started documentation on Boost.org only discusses how to make Boost work
for MSVC, which doesn't help me all too much.

If some kind person could help this tired programmer, I'd really
appreciate it! I used Google, but I didn't find anything terribly
definitive. If only Windows could be more like Linux, and all I'd have
to do is something cool like wgm install boost-dev... but then it
wouldn't be Windows, would it?

Anyways, thanks in advance for any help anyone can render me!