From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-24 06:28:20

beelzebob999-libcurl_at_[hidden] wrote:
> ships with visual studio 8.0, so we are looking for alternatives.
> Does STLport run better in a multithreaded environment than the stl
> that comes with visual studio 8.0? Thanks.

My employer is using VC8 with STLPort 5.1 . While I cannot quite compare
performance or multi-threading aspects of its behaviour with the one
that ships with VC8, we are quite happy with it and the performance is
good. We also customised user config header to have STL debug iterators
enabled in debug mode only (this requires a bit of caution linking with
STLPort runtime library). We are using it together with boost 1.33.1 ,
but we did not bother to build it (using header-only libraries). I would
warn against using versions of STLPort older than 5.1.3, though (crash
in strncpy_s).

B.