From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-08 19:47:14

> Indeed there is too much type erasure happening here. What is it that
> you don't like with vector<shared_ptr<somefunctionObject> >?

Hi Matthias,

vector<shared_ptr<somefunctionObject> > works fine from a technical point of
view, but forces users of this class to provide the call backs in a
particular format. That is where boost::function can help, as users can
give me call back functions either as function pointers or as function
objects, and they can use boost::bind to make some of their own functions
fit the requirements of the callback. However, as serialization is a vital
requirement of my application, I guess I have to stick with the original
vector<shared_ptr> solution.

Best Regards,
Ruediger Berlich