From: Christian Hoffmann (chrmhoffmann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-11 03:57:33

Hi,

I tried to compile boost python so that it links against the debug version.
I therefore run

bjam toolset=msvc-9.0 threading=multi python-debugging=on link=shared
variant=debug libs\python\build

Running it with -n shows, that it sets -DBOOST_DEBUG_PYTHON, but it still
links with python25.lib.

It only picks "right" python25_d.lib, if I add something to my
user-config.jam, like the following:

using python : 2.5 : C:\\src\\Python-2.5\\PCBuild\\python ; using python :
2.5 : C:\\src\\Python-2.5\\PCBuild\\python_d
  : # includes
  : # libs
  : <python-debugging>on ;

What is the difference between the two methods (as a bjam argument and in
the user-config.jam), and is there a way to combine both on the command
line?

Thanks and regards,

Chris