From: Bernhard Merkle (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-18 15:02:13

Hi,

I have the following questions about using boost with embedded compilers
/ in the embedded area

1. what about embedded c++ compiler support in boost ?
I saw on [1] some compilers but my list e.g. is
- Metrowerks Codewarrior for PPC (v 8.x unfortunately) but the 9.x seems
also to have problems
- GreenHills C++ (seems to have the EDG parser, so no problem)
- ARM C++
an they are not officially supported.

Has anyone tried them or others ? experiences ? AFAIK, boost has some
requirements to C++ compilers (especially templates)

2. what parts of boost are you using in your (embedded) area ?
What parts would you avoid and what is recommendable ? (e.g. statechart,
thread, the whole collection/algorithm things)
Any performance/size issues ?

TIA and kind regads,
Berni

[1]