From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-19 11:53:27

look at the demo in the tutorial and the associated demo. It handles exactly the situation you describe.

Look at the documentation under Export

Robert Ramey

  "Andrei Popa" <andrei4popa_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:BAY104-W9813D6D7DBBCD9A35DC0CE05C0_at_phx.gbl...
  Hallo all,

  I just discovered the serialization library found it extremely nice and useful.
  I appreciate all work of the author.
  I have not yet build any program with the library, I just read the documentation.
  There is one think that do not fit to my use: "typeid information is not included in archives".
  The reason is "archive portability" and the solution "same sequence by save/load".
  But what if I do not know the sequence? What can I do then?
  Think about a CAD program. I do not know what the user will draw, a line, circle, rectangle and so on.
  And I have to save them in a file, at the load I need to know what type of object do I load.
  For me the "archive portability" is not so important.
  Is there a way to configure/change the library to save the name of the class specified by std::type_of::name() in the archive?

  Best regards,
  Andrei