From: Srinivas Gardas (gardas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-09 16:23:39

Hi,
I am a little confused about how to make 'interprocess_mutex' part of the
'managed_shared_memory' object which actually represents the shared_memory?
Is there a base class or something that can take the mutex?

I placed an '*interprocess_mutex*' as a member variable *in the class that
contains my 'managed_shared_memory'* object as a member variable and was
locking it in the methods that accessed the shared memory. I guess this did
not work out as I believe what I did effectively locked the object of my
class that was holding the embers. And since this is not actually the shaed
resource between the processes it didn't work out..

I'd really appreciate if you could provide an example of just show me bbased
on my initial code.. how the 'managed_shared_memory' can be locked using the
mutex.

Sreenu