From: Andrew Marlow (andrew.marlow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-11 05:05:04

boost-users-bounces_at_[hidden] wrote on 10/01/2008 15:59:19:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 11:01:20AM +0000, Andrew Marlow wrote:
> > I am trying to build boost on solaris9 where there is only a partial
GCC
> > installation. Version 3.4.6 of g++ is installed but the vendor linker
is
> > the only linker available

> > I presume this error would go away if the GCC ld was used.
Unfortunately I
> > cannot test that theory because I cannot install ld. Just adding the
GCC
> > ld to my PATH on the front does not stop the vendor ld from being
used. I
> > suspect that because g++ was linked using the vendor linker, it will
> > always use the vendor linker. In which case I think there is a problem
in
> > the boost build.
>
> Mmh, strange but possible ...
>
> Jens

It's more than possible -- it's happening :-) Can anyone else using boost
with GCC verify this please?

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

----
There is an emerald here the size of a plover's egg!
 Don't top-post  http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/T/top-post.html
Plain text mails only, please      http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
---
Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.