From: Miguel Lopes (mrnicelife_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-11 05:45:40

Hi all,

I have a small question about ptime class usage. I am currently working on
an old project that uses Boost library; unfortunately, when I build and run
the project executable some exceptions are thrown. I found out that some
parts of the project are trying to create ptime objects like this:

*ptime(time_from_string(string(sz)))*

That line throws an exception, when sz is empty.

So my question is: Is there any version (Boost version) of ptime class that
accepts an empty string as argument? The problem is that I need to
investigate which version of Boost, is being really used in the project
makefile and with all versions of Boost that line throws the exception. On
the other hand I have a precompiled binary of the project, and under the
same data input conditions, it works perfectly, that is, even with empty
dates no exceptions are thrown.

Kind Regards,

Miguel Lopes