From: nisha kannookadan (nishak44_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-12 06:42:27

Hi everybody

I need to solve a linear system Ax = b, where A is a tridiagonal matrix,
is there an easy way to do it?

I programmed an algo, which computes the inverse of the tridiagonal matrix
with the usmani-algo and uses prod then, but this is quite time intense.

I want to use the lapack bindings, but I dont get along with it. Im bit confused,
if I need to install something additional to it, the way I tried out gesv, its not working
and I get error msgs. I searched through out the www, but its hard to find good info.

If somebody has already the code to solve linear equations with lapack,
I would thankful, if he could post it here.

Thank you
Nisha K