From: Chris Miller (lordsauronthegreat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-16 00:21:19

On Jan 15, 2008 9:17 PM, Jonathan Turkanis <turkanis_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Chris Miller wrote:
> > Why on earth I try and support Windows is beyond my comprehension.
> > It's just something I do.
> >
> > I'm having some massive difficulties making Boost build with MinGW so
> > I can start using it from Code::Blocks. I've tried using Boost's
> > native Jam system, but first I have to build that.
>
> You don't have to build it; you can download a pre-built binary:
> http://tinyurl.com/2q36f.

For MinGW/Windows Vista, which one would I pick? I picked the
"platform independent" one, which didn't work.

> > And that doesn't
> > work.
> >
> > It keeps telling me this:

> > It keeps trying to use the MSVC toolset, even though I'm telling it not to.
> >
> > Any help here would be nice!
>
> Have you tried:
>
> set PATH=<path to MinGW/bin>
> build mingw
>
> ?

That's not what the build instructions said. They said to use
build.bat mingw, 'cause that's my toolkit. It kept trying it with
MSVC for some odd reason.

http://mindofsauron.blogspot.com/2008/01/boost-me-up.html

--
Registered Linux Addict #431495