From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-21 04:53:56

Martin_Thomas_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Boris,
> I don't believe I found any documentation, just an empirical
> observation that somewhere after gcc 3.3.x wchar is available but not
> knowing when exactly, played safe with requiring gcc > 4.0.

I've looked into this some more, and at least on the td176 HP testdrive
machine with gcc-4.1.0 wide character support in the std library is *not*
enabled :-(

You can include <cwchar> but it doesn't import anything into namespace std,
and there's also no std::wstring in <string> etc :-(

So... I've changed the HPUX config not to unconditionally disable wide
character support for gcc, but none the less, it will be disabled by
booct/config/stdlib/libstdcpp3.hpp since neither _GLIBCPP_USE_WCHAR_T nor
_GLIBCXX_USE_WCHAR_T are defined by gcc's std lib.

Regards, John.