From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-21 05:55:58

Klaim <mjklaim <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,I tested the MVS memory leak detector few months ago
> and it don't seem return the allocation file path until you use
> "malloc" instead of "new". (at least in my tests - tried with an empty
> application) It's a shame.
> Anyway, there is another way to add more informations if you
> can run your application with exactly the same state twice. I
> discovered it maybe 30 minutes ago and it worked well for my case.As stated
there :

http://www.oneunified.net/blog/Personal/SoftwareDevelopment/MemoryLeakDetection.articleand
there :

> http://winter.eecs.umich.edu/soarwiki/Tracking_down_memory_leaksyou
> can add a breakpoint on a specific leaking memory allocation (between

Boost.Test does it for already. You can specify allocation to break on:

--detect_memory_leak=<number>

Unfortunately I found it not that easy to use. It looks "testing tool affect the
test" issue. If you specify the number CRT allocation follows a bit different
path and allocation at fault has different although close to the original
number. You will need to play with it to find correct allocation.

Gennadiy