From: Greg Roach (greg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-27 17:23:31

I am trying to install boost 1.34.1 on a cygwin (x86, WinXP, NTFS) system.
"make install" gives the following error:

/boost_1_34_1/tools/build/v2/tools/stage.jam:424: in
object(installed-shared-lib-generator)@4.run
*** argument error
* rule virtual-target.register ( target )
* called with: ( object(file-target)@1395 object(file-target)@1396 )
* extra argument object(file-target)@1396
/boost_1_34_1/tools/build/v2/build/virtual-target.jam:880:see
definition of rule 'register' being called

I've looked at line 424 of stage.jam. It is in the "else" block of an
"if OS==NT"
structure. I guess that it is wrongly detecting a linux OS - my OS is Windows.

I don't know how to correct the code (I'm not familiar with this language), but
by commenting out selected lines, I can force it to enter the NT block, and
it all appears to work fine.

HTH

Greg

--
Greg Roach, Stony Stratford, Bucks, England, greg_at_[hidden]
"Don't eat animals - it's not good for them and they don't like it"