From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-29 04:14:11

Michele Bini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm building boost 1.34.1 on linux (with redhat 9 gcc 3.2.2-5) with
> STLport 5.0 and ICU. This is the bjam invocation:

> I googled a bit and found this:
>
> http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2006/02/17394.php
>
> but there was no follow up. Is there some mistake in my example? Does
> somebody have any suggestions or workarounds? I know that gcc 3.2.2 is
> quite old but I have used it for many years and always convinced it to
> do its work (and no, I cannot easily switch to a newer compiler).

Hmmm, no I don't know what the issue is: but for some reason we have more
issues with STLport than anything else :-(

My suggestion would be to build the regex library using the supplied
libs/regex/build/gcc.mak: suitably modified to add all the compiler options
you are going to be using when building your application, hopefully that way
the library and your application will actually be compatible with each
other! ;-)

HTH, John.