From: Charles Brockman (cmbrockman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-18 14:42:26

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> Perhaps. Try to replace std::vector<double> with
> boost::ptr_vector<double> in your tuple type.

Thank you Thorsten and Richard.

As a coworker of mine would say when shown an obvious answer that was
staring him in the face, "The printing was just too close to the page."

I fixed the typedefs which allowed the test program to compile. Alas, I
prudently used a typedef in my own application program when changing from
std::map to boost::ptr_map. That typedef is correct. My minimal test example
is not a true representation of my application program's problem. In the
latter case when constructing the combining iterators, I'm getting:
boost::detail::error_not_related_by_convertibility<T1,T2>' : base class
undefined
and
'type' : is not a member of
'boost::detail::minimum_category_impl<false,false>::apply<T1,T2>

I'm going back in another attempt to decipher the error messages and perhaps
construct a small example program which demonstrates the problem.

--
Chuck