From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-18 15:12:23

Charles Brockman skrev:
> Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

> I fixed the typedefs which allowed the test program to compile. Alas, I
> prudently used a typedef in my own application program when changing from
> std::map to boost::ptr_map. That typedef is correct. My minimal test example
> is not a true representation of my application program's problem. In the
> latter case when constructing the combining iterators, I'm getting:
> boost::detail::error_not_related_by_convertibility<T1,T2>' : base class
> undefined
> and
> 'type' : is not a member of
> 'boost::detail::minimum_category_impl<false,false>::apply<T1,T2>
>
> I'm going back in another attempt to decipher the error messages and perhaps
> construct a small example program which demonstrates the problem.

There are some minor differences between std::map<K,T> and
boost::ptr_map<K,T> and if this the types that gives you errors, it
might be due to these differences.

For example, boost::ptr_map<K,T>:::value_type is not a
std::pair<const K,T>.

There are also some difference in the way constness is handled, which
might also be the source of your problem. Anyway, I would like to know more.

best regards

-Thorsten