From: Johan RÃ¥de (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-20 04:41:09

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Johan RÃ¥de wrote:
>
>> Question 1: How do I specify that the build should use a dynamic CRT?
>
> In general, see answer to question 2. But dynamic CRT is used by default, anyway.
>
>> Question 2: Where do I find the answers to questions such a Question 1?
>> The get started guide contains to little info, the reference manual too much.
>
> In Boost.Build documentation. Namely:
> http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced/builtins/features.html

Thank you Volodya.

Two suggestions:

1. The above page does not give the default values of the features.
This should be added.

2. I think the documentation of how to build Boost should be made more user-friendly.
There is a gap between the Getting Started Guide and the Reference Manual that should be bridged.
What is needed I think, is to expand the Getting Started Guide,
and describe, with plenty of examples, how to make simple customizations of the build.
Right now the Getting Started Guide only describes how to do a default build.

--Johan