From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-24 05:11:15

Eric Woodruff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope John Maddock is reading this as he had some knowledge of the
> Intel compiler problem. Similar to the thread quoted below, I am getting
> the "Windows cannot open this file" dialog when trying to build boost
> using VC8 as 64-bit. (Doesn't have /this/ problem when I don't set
> address-model=64 or use the VC7.1 x86 compiler for 32-bit builds.) This
> is with boost-jam-3.1.16-1-ntx86.
>
> I've tried adding the full path to cl.exe in user-config.jam without
> success. For historical reasons, I am using an nmake Makefile (under a
> Cygwin environment) to fit the boost build into an existing build
> system. It essentially operates as follows:
>
> tar jxf boost_1_34_1.tar.bz2
>
> echo using msvc : 8.0 : "C:/WINDDK/3790.1830/bin/win64/x86/amd64/cl.exe" ; >
> boost_1_34_1\tools\build\v2\user-config.jam

You might want to read docs about 64-bit support, in Boost.Build documentation,
available at boost.org/boost-build2.

The first thing they say is that you should not use the path to 64-bit
compiler in 'using'. That is likely to be the thing.

Also, you appear to be running nt build of bjam from cygwin; I'd recommend
you use regular windows shell (which is not that bad these days).

- Volodya