From: Number Cruncher (number.cruncher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-06 04:40:42

I'm using a snapshot of
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/branches/release

from 2008-02-20, so almost the latest...

I've done a little more digging and I think it might be related to the
BOOST_SERIALIZATION_REGISTER_ARCHIVE stuff. Specifically, the errors are
of the form

include/boost/archive/detail/oserializer.hpp:162: undefined reference to
`boost::archive::detail::archive_pointer_oserializer<
boost::mpi::detail::ignore_skeleton_oarchive
   <boost::mpi::detail::mpi_datatype_oarchive>
>::~archive_pointer_oserializer()'

and I noticed that communicator.hpp only includes forward declarations
of skeleton archives via

#include <boost/mpi/skeleton_and_content_fwd.hpp>

Perhaps these forward declarations are not sufficient to instantiate the
  archive pointer serialization code??

Thanks for responding,
Simon