From: CHABO Gabriel (Gabriel.CHABO_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-06 05:29:36

>Is that correct, or is "D:/Program Files/STLport-5.1.5 D:/Program Files/STLport-5.1.5/lib" being interpretted as a *single* path with spaces in it? >I don't think you need the D:/Program Files/STLport-5.1.5/lib part in there - but I could be wrong!

I merely changed the user-config.jam file which contains the following:
        # using stlport : : /usr/include/stlport /usr/lib ;
So I replace both pathes by my windows stlport's path.

>If all else fails try building program_options from your IDE as a static library project using the same build options as your .exe: then you just have to define BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB in your application project to disable auto-linking, and set the static lib project as a dependency of the .exe.

My problem is not with linking program_options, it's with linking my program that references it. I appologize if I may have confused you, but I was able to successfully build libboost_program_options-vc80-mt-gd-1_34_1.lib and I can reference it in project. The problem manifests when I try to link my program with the lib (and I suspect for every boost lib) while using stlport.

Just to be clear, I tried your proposed solution of building program_options from my IDE, the lib was built successfully and I added the reference to it from my program but I still have the same problem when I link my program:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall boost::program_options::options_description::options_description(class stlpd_std::basic_string<char,class stlpd_std::char_traits<char>,class stlpd_std::allocator<char> > const &,unsigned int)" (??0options_description_at_program_options_at_boost@@QAE_at_ABV?$basic_string_at_DV?$char_traits_at_D@stlpd_std@@V?$allocator_at_D@2@@stlpd_std@@I_at_Z) referenced in function _main

Gabriel