From: abir basak (abirbasak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-14 02:21:56

Abir Basak wrote:
> Hi,
> i just started using boost interprocess for giving shared memory
> access to one of my program to the debugger. It is just superb!
> but as usual there are a few questions and clarifications,
> 1) can i find any document saying which of the stl containers are
> "shared memory safe" so that i dont need to use the special one provided
> ? esp which of the stl containers from msvc 7.1 (2003) are shmm safe .
> 2) how can i make my hand crafted container shmm compatible ?
> I take allocater as param, pointer & ref are typedef from allocater,
> all construct & destroy are done using allocator.
>
> thanks again for the wonderful library
> abir

  I successfully loaded my container in the shared memory after a little
modification. It seems allocator.hpp doesnt have a construct method
which takes a value type. So i changed it to
void construct(const pointer &ptr,const value_type& value = value_type())
however i failed to use std::vector with shared memory.

There is another concern, can i use polymorphic class in shamm ? i.e
whether vtable and rtti info will be in shamm for th object also ...

thanks
abir