From: Darren Garvey (darren.garvey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-20 20:13:07

Hi Julian,

On 18/03/2008, Julian Cain <jolix_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I have upgraded to VS 8.0 Standard and when compiling ASIO errors on the
> following:
>
> 1>Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the
> results
> 1>C:\tor\trunk\lib\boost\boost/asio/detail/socket_types.hpp(27) : fatal
> error C1189: #error : WinSock.h has already been included
>
> Is this a known problem?

What do you mean by 'compiling asio'? It is a header-only library. :)

The problem you're seeing is because the (old) winsock.h header has been
included. Most people that see this do because they've included
windows.h*before* the asio headers.

You can get around this by defining WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN (something like
that) before including windows.h, or just by including windows.h after
everything else.

Regards,
Darren