From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-25 19:27:26

Hi,

My head has been spinning lately on trying to nail down the difference
between a library and a framework. One of my co-workers calls Boost a
framework because it is a collaboration of components, and the fact that
boost is so large makes it a framework. However, boost boasts itself as a
library and I'm just wondering why it is such. One definition I read for a
framework is that it has no requirement to be minimal, and boost is a fairly
un-minimal library. Read the link below on an interesting conversation
between the differences in a library and a framework:

http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=106&thread=152104