From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-25 19:41:08

Robert,

IMO framework is a collaboration of classes which aim to focus in a concrete
functionality. Just think of Java Struts. This is a HUGE framework. It's
purpose is solely for server based programming in enterprise sector and
abstraction layer for web UI (more or less). Boost is a lib which consist of
a huge collection of particular libs. All these libs are not assigned to
function in some specific layer. They can be used as well in server based
programming as in UI. Try to use Struts to calculate some specific
mathematical formulas... You will probably fail, unless your own classes.
And I don't think struts will be ever adding this functionality, because
this is not the focus of it and probably will never be.

Hope that helped.

Ovanes