From: Yaser Zhian Tabasy (yaserzt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-28 16:45:12

a a wrote:
> I tried switch /ZmXXX with a couple of different values for XXX, this
> seems to have no effect on the problem and still the VC8 Release build
> crashes with C1060.
>
> The documentation says that /Zm "Determines the amount of memory that
> the compiler allocates to construct precompiled headers". Can you
> give a little more detail on how you think that C1060 could be avoided
> in this case by changing the memory allocation for precompiled
> headers?
>
> The example I provided in the original post is a sole cpp file, I
> haven't myself created any headers, precompiled or otherwise. The
> code #includes various headers from STL and boost, are you saying that
> those #includes are picking up precompiled headers such that the
> behavior of the build could be influenced by /Zm?

I'm sorry. It seems that I've been too quick to assume you used precompiled
headers or that "/Zm" actually does something other than setting the limit
for PCH files.

If it was me, I would play with the compiler optimization flags to see which
one was the culprit, but I'm sure you've already done than and/or you
probably need those optimizations.
Also, the MSDN page for the C1060 error code lists some workarounds. They
don't seem like breakthroughs or anything, but the file splitting might work
(if that's indeed possible to any useful extent with this simple example.)

-yzt

--
"Programming is an art that fights back!"