From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-04 05:24:24

Hi,

> > The second problem is that simple_finder uses a function called
> > make_range that I can't find anywhere in the Boost headers. What is
> > this function? Am I supposed to write it myself?
>
> It is called boost::make_iterator_range since it was moved to Boost.Range library.
>
> I missed this when I was updating the documentation. I'll correct it.

OK thanks, I had looked into the Boost.Range documentation but didn't
look well enough. Now it compiles and runs perfectly.

> And finaly, I have spotted another problem in your call. You are trying to call find_format with the
> temporary string. Since find_format is a mutable algorithm, this approach will not work.
> You shoud use find_format_copy or pass a regular string variable.

Yep, in my program it's an already existing string, I quickly replaced
it by a temp to simplify the case in the mail, without realizing that
the resulting statement didn't make sense...

Maybe it could be good to have a very quick example of integration of
the simple_finder and simple_formatter together with find_format in
the docs? It can be obvious to you, but it would elude all the doubts
I had about the right way to use them (I was even not sure they were
"compatible" with each other).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Bruno