From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-20 03:49:47

Johan Råde <rade_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I want to do a timed join, with a relative time of 0.1s.
> I can not figure out from the docs how to do this.
> I find the prototypes somewhat mystifying:
>
> bool timed_join(const system_time& wait_until);
>
> template<typename TimeDuration> bool timed_join(TimeDuration const& rel_time);
>
> What is system_time?
> What should TimeDuration be?

system_time is declared in boost/thread/thread_time.hpp: it is a typedef to
boost::posix_time::ptime from the date-time library.

TimeDuration is any boost date-time
duration. e.g. boost::posix_time::milliseconds

You are not the only person to notice the missing docs for the timeout
stuff. It's on my list of things to add.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk